Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Books I Already Own:
- Nothing Left to Burn, by Heather Ezell
- I can’t wait to read this debut that takes place within 24 hours, with flashbacks to a few months before. It takes place in Orange County (close to where I live), during a wildfire. I’m super excited to read a fictional take on the fires that we experienced this fall out here!
- Obsidio (The Illuminae Files #3), by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- I’m currently reading this and it’s SO GOOD! It’s no secret that I loved the first two, and the third is incredible so far. All of my babies from the first two are finally in the same place, but we also meet some new characters in a second location. These 600+ page books are told entirely in emails, government documents, analyzed video footage, and IM/text conversations, but there’s never a point where you’re lost. I’ll be doing a full series review once I’m done with this one.
- More Than We Can Tell (Letters to the Lost #2), by Brigid Kemmerer
- I loved Letters to the Lost, so I’m super excited to read this companion piece.
- Finding Felicity, by Stacey Kade
- A girl goes off to college with a Felicity-the-tv-show-inspired-plan? SIGN. ME. UP. Felicity was one of my very favorite shows when I was in high school (shut up, I know I’m old), and I’m so pumped to see it being brought into a YA novel.
Books That Will Soon Be Mine:
- 9 Days & 9 Nights (99 Days #2), by Katie Cotugno, out May 1, 2018
- I could not be more excited for this one. Katie is my very favorite contemporary author, and I super loved 99 Days, so finding out there was going to be a sequel was the best day ever. Plus I can’t wait to see the cover up close, because Katie’s covers are always on point.
- Puddin’ (Dumplin’ #2), by Julie Murphy, out May 8, 2018
- Another sequel I’m amped about. Dumplin‘ was a surprise hit for me a few years ago, and I was lucky enough to catch an advanced screening of the movie recently, which reinvigorated my love for these characters. Really excited to see what Millie’s been up to!
- Starry Eyes, by Jenn Bennett, out April 3, 2018
- Best friends turned enemies falling in love while stranded in the wilderness? YES, PLEASE. Survival stories are my kryptonite, and Jenn is so good at getting chemistry right.
- Leah on the Offbeat, by Becky Albertalli, out April 24, 3018
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda was such a good book, and I can’t wait to read Leah’s companion book.
- A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3.1), by Sarah J. Maas, out May 1, 2018
- While technically a novella, if I know Sarah, this will actually be the same length as a full novel. I am total trash for this series, and I love that Sarah found a way to extend her original trilogy into two, with novellas bridging them.
- I Have Lost My Way, by Gayle Forman, out March 27, 2018
- It’s been years since we’ve had a new YA book from Gayle out in the world, and I’m delighted. Honestly, I haven’t even read the synopsis. If Gayle wrote it, I will read it.
What’s on your TBR??