Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic: Books to Read By the Pool/At the Beach (This can also serve as your summer TBR). In order to keep this list from going on for days, I’m sticking to my MOST anticipated books coming out between June and August that are currently unreleased. In theory this is my summer TBR but LOL if you think I ever stick to a list.
1. The Evolution of Claire, by Tess Sharpe. I love Jurassic Park, so even though Claire isn’t a great character to me, you bet I’m going to read this.
2. The Impossibility of Us, by Katy Upperman. I’ve read an ARC of this one already, and it’s SO GOOD. Katy writes really good swoony guys, and Mati is no exception. Bonus, it takes place during the summer!
3. The Darkest Legacy, by Alexandra Bracken. I’ve said it before, but my precious babies are all still alive and if any of them die in this one I’M GOING TO LOSE IT.
4. Grace and Fury, by Tracey Banghart. Girl on the right with the amazing eye makeup, TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!
5. Sometime After Midnight, by L. Philips. I’ve already read this one too, and guys, it’s a gay Cinderella retelling. What more do you need to know?
6. The Last Best Story, by Maggie Lehrman. Set during prom with a shooter in the school and a lockdown? I’m in.
7. Sea Witch, by Sara Henning. Mermaids, they always get me.
8. The Cheerleaders, by Kara Thomas. Will this actually be anything like the Fear Street Cheerleaders by R.L. Stine? Unlikely, but it’s making me excited anyway!
9. Seafire, by Natalie C. Parker. Mermaiiiiiiids.
10. That’s Not What Happened, by Kody Keplinger. I haven’t been the biggest Kody Keplinger fan (I find The Duff to be incredibly problematic), but I believe in second chances and I can’t not read this.