I don’t even remember who I stole this from because so many people have done it now, but if you’re one of the few who hasn’t, give it a try! It’s quick and easy and fun, and is not at all about guilty pleasures, which I don’t believe in.
1. Have you ever re-gifted a book that you’ve been gifted?
I don’t think as an actual gift, but I give books to others all the time after I’ve read them.
2. Have you ever said you’ve read a book when you haven’t?
Oh yeah, I pretended to read TONS of books in high school and college that I just couldn’t slog my way through. I’ve always had a problem with DNF’ing books even when they’re mandatory reading.
3. Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it?
No, I’ve always returned them, though some have taken me longer than they should have (sorry, Laura).
4. Have you ever read a series out of order?
Only when I was younger and didn’t realize that the series number meant that was the order it should be read in. But if we’re not talking about like Babysitter’s Club or something, how do you even understand what’s happening if you read it out of order?
5. Have you ever spoiled a book for someone?
Sometimes for Laura, but only because she is a big weirdo who asks me to do it. I would never do it on purpose for anyone else!
6. Have you ever doggy eared a book?
It was pretty much the only way I used to bookmark until I met Laura when I was a kid, and she broke me of it. She had a whole closet of books (we called it “the book closet” WE ARE SO CLEVER) and she wouldn’t let me borrow any of them unless I stopped doggy earring.
7. Have you ever told someone you don’t own a book when you do?
If I own it and am afraid you’re going to ask me if you can borrow it without returning it in a timely manner, I will for sure lie about it.
Also if you are the husband and you ask me don’t you already have a copy of that? I will for sure say I do not if I want another edition.
8. Have you ever skipped a chapter or a section of a book?
If I’m finding a book dull but haven’t DNF it, I’ll often skim parts of it to get to the end sooner but still ultimately see what happens.
9. Have you ever bad mouthed a book you actually liked?
I guess I’ve bad mouthed a book that I liked at once but later ended up disliking? Like Twilight or Hush, Hush. Books that I used to like but find super problematic now.