Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Book Characters I’d Love to Be Besties With, and it’s sort of a head-scratcher! There are many, many characters I LOVE and ADORE and UNDERSTAND but I still don’t really want to be friends with them?
1.Andie from The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. Not just Andie, but her whole crew: Palmer, Toby, Bri, Tom, and of course Clark. They’ve (mostly) been friends forever, and have all these fun little rituals and inside jokes.
2. Molly from 99 Days & 9 Days and 9 Nights by Katie Cotugno. If I may, a quote from my previous review:
“Look, Molly is my girl. As I’ve said before, she is made of flaws, but I still want to be her friend. She makes mistakes, she doesn’t necessarily learn from them, she does the same thing all over again, but like…don’t we all?”–Me
So that’s basically all I have to say about that one.
3. The gang from Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills: Brit, Flora, Terrance, Dash, and the main character, Sophie. They’ve known each other since birth, so they’re friends that are more like family.
4. Layla from Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen. Layla is not even the main character, but she’s the best friend we all want–she’s loyal, protective, and supportive. And she folds Sydney into her family, into the feeling of safety there, as soon as she meets her.
5. Reagan from Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. Not only is Reagan super fun herself, but I’d also get to go on concert tours with her best friend and her boyfriend, who are music stars? Yes please! Also, peep that adorable new cover!
6. The Super Six from Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. I have got to be a part of those group chats.
7. CeCe from Have a Little Faith in Me by Sonia Hartl. She is loud, brash, totally unapologetic about, and an excellent person to be around. You guys are gonna love her in a few weeks when this one comes out. September 3rd!
8. Holland from Cold Day in the Sun by Sara Biren. She’s got a pretty hard shell, and I think she could use another girlfriend.
9. Zan from If You’re Out There by Katy Loutzenhiser. If you ghost on her, homegirl DOES NOT GIVE UP on you.
10. Lou from Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin. Also releasing September 3rd, you can all meet Lou and find out what a delight she is! Come for Lou, stick around for Reid, Coco, and Ansel. You are going to love these guys.